Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Big Meanies

Has anyone ever just been really nasty to you because of your religion, race, political beliefs, etc.? I posted something on a blog once, and this person was just so mean to me and mocked me for being Muslim. I asked them not to attack me or my religion because it isn't good blogging manners, and they said that i was being too sensitive and need to keep my "superstitions" to myself. I'm not even really angry about this, just sad. A little human kindness would be nice. I'm not asking for everyone to agree with me, but they don't have to be so mean about it. :(

I pray that ALLAH helps this person understand the error of their ways and that it is against basic manners to mock people for their beliefs, no matter what they are.

So, just a reminder and a suggestion to everyone: please be nice. Even if you really can't stand someone or think their beliefs are silly or wrong or whatever, this doesn't give you the right to attack them and bring them down. We cool? :)

6 comments:

CareMuslimah said...

Sometimes people are just ignorant which leads them to fear, and that's how we end up attacked. We have to remember how bad it feels so we don't do it to someone else I guess. idk why I'm ranting on your post. haha. But it's true. I've had people being mean to me just because I'm muslim, but alhamdulillah most of the time people are okay, and most of the time they're actually -mean- Allah gives me strengh to ignore them and overlook those "problems"

.::Tuttie::. said...

this is unrelated but
MY MILKSHAKE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD! AND THEY ARE LIKE.... don't know the rest.

peace out.

Banana Anne said...

CareMuslimah: Feel free to rant, it's an open space! Yeah, I just have to keep reminding myself not to get too upset, and instead pray that the person realizes what they have done wrong and possibly decide to become Muslim one day Insha'Allah. And Alhamdulillah, there will always be justice served in the Hereafter.

Tuttie: Haha, that is really unrelated! I believe the rest goes "And they're like it's better than yours..."

Vanamo said...

Salam aleikum,

this is so late answer for this post but I have to say that, Alhamdulillah, most of the time I haven't met nasty people. Just once one man in the street started to laugh straight to my face when he saw me using hijab.. Sure, it didn't feel nice at all but I think he just doesn't have knowledge about other religions than Christianity.

Unknown said...

I insist... if you don't want people to mock your superstitions, then keep those beliefs private. Once you made them public it's open season!

Heather said...

Somebody told me that I was less American because I'm a Muslim. Even though I spent five years in the Army and one deployed in Afghanistan, I'm less American. :/ I've also been told (by an infantry jerk) that my deployment didn't count because I'm female and can't serve in the combat arms jobs.

People can be so obnoxious and elitist. If I'm ever acting like that, slap me. :/

My Blog List