Salaam alaikum everyone,
I was rereading my last post, and I wanted to offer an apology. I came across as very harsh towards some people, particularly Arabs. I was frustrated about some things and made it seem like Arab culture was bad or trying to take over the Muslim world. Of course it is not bad, and it is not trying to reign supreme. It is just another culture like all others with its good and bad points. Astaghfirullah, I am truly sorry if I offended anyone in this post. May ALLAH forgive me and help me not to be so harsh in the future Insha'Allah.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Creating Advanced tip with Swagbucks9 years ago
-
-
Pembuatan SKA10 years ago
-
Affordable Dining Room Furniture10 years ago
-
-
-
Butterfly (2015)10 years ago
-
-
Ginger Wedang (Sarebba)11 years ago
-
Advice11 years ago
-
-
Are you still following me?12 years ago
-
Confession12 years ago
-
-
Weight Loss Roadblocks12 years ago
-
-
I think I'll just move it12 years ago
-
Elegant hijab look13 years ago
-
Nostalgia13 years ago
-
A Mercy to Mankind13 years ago
-
-
saveoursunnah is under maintenance14 years ago
-
chickenxlicken is under maintenance14 years ago
-
Education for New Mothers14 years ago
-
-
-
I was bored...14 years ago
-
New Blog15 years ago
-
Ramblings15 years ago
-
Sorry I have not posted in a long time15 years ago
-
Reality Check15 years ago
-
How are things?15 years ago
-
Goodbye.15 years ago
-
My New Blog16 years ago
-
go on hiatus16 years ago
-
Closing Time16 years ago
-
Survey I Stumbled Upon (:16 years ago
-
So...16 years ago
-
I'm a Copy Cat16 years ago
-
The Velvet Promise16 years ago
-
imaginary clothes17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

2 comments:
Salaam alaikum,
Without getting in the detail of the last post, there is a difference between culture and religion which sometimes treated equally.
1- (.... Islam does not establish any preference for Arabs over Non-Arabs. The preference in Islam is determined by the righteousness the piety and the good deeds. Allah Says (Interpretation of meaning): ": {Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa (God fear)} [49: 13].)
2- Arab culture has some good things that Islam promoted and other bad things which Islam did not accept. For example, generosity is part of Arab culture which Islam promoted. While killing baby girls which was part of Arab culture Islam did not accept at all.
Other cultures have also, some good characteristics. For example, In the following hadeath Amr inb Al-As mention some of the good characteristics of Romans. (..When Mustawrid al-Qurashi was sitting with 'Amr ibn al-'As, he said, "I heard the Prophet say, 'The Hour will come when the Romans will be in the majority.' 'Amr asked him, "What are you saying?" He said, "I am repeating that which I heard from the Prophet." 'Amr said, "If you say this, it is true, because they have four good characteristics: they are the most able to cope with tribulation, the quickest to recover after disaster and to return to the fight after disaster, and are the best as far as treating the poor, weak and orphans is concerned. They have a fifth characteristic which is very good; they do not allow themselves to be oppressed by their kings."..Sahih Muslim)
3- However, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to resemble the kuffaar in general. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4031
So, it is all about to follow the dean of Allah (Islam) not the culture of anyone.
Sorry for the long comment!
Walid
I really like Walid's comment. Every culture has good and bad traits, its just incumbent upon us to only keep the good traits.
Post a Comment