Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Memoriam

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu,

Nine years ago today, three thousand innocent people were brutally murdered by men who I am ashamed to call my brothers in faith. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun to all those who died and suffered, and may ALLAH continue to comfort and guide all the "left-behind" victims who lost family and friends.

September 11, 2001 and the time after it remains so clear in my mind. I must say that linguistically, the terrorists succeeded because I was literally filled with terror and deep, deep sadness. I had never felt anything like it before in my eleven years of life, and I have never felt anything like it since then. I know it's cliche to say, but I honestly feel that my life was not the same after that day. My innocence was shattered, and I was thrust into the "adult" world of fear, uncertainty, and grieving. My knowledge of current events skyrocketed, because I could no longer afford to remain ignorant about the world around me.

And I never, never, never would have imagined that nine years later, the religion that supposedly "justified" these disgusting attacks would be the most important thing in my life. Subhanallah, ALLAH works in mysterious ways.

Ya ALLAH, please bless all the people who were affected by September 11th, please comfort them and ease their pain. Please change and soften the hearts of terrorists who think that killing innocent people is the way to achieve their goals and put peace and mercy in their hearts instead. Please let us all work for worldwide salaam, and please grant us all guidance, Ya Rabb. Ameen.

15 comments:

Elisa said...

Ameen sister. You said it perfectly.

Zu hu ra said...

Amin!

Anonymous said...

60 years of atrocities on Palestinian children, their innocent people, women, and devastation of the country was the main reason behind WTC (9/11) attack

I sympathize with the victims of 9/11 attack but what about tens of times more innocent deaths comparing to 9/11 in Palestine land?.
The Illegal occupation of Palestinian land is called a “sin against God and humanity.” It describes Palestinian livelihoods that continue to be devastated as more land is being expropriated for the expansion of settlements and the construction of a 430-mile barrier built not on the ‘Green Line’ but instead on Palestinian land. And as it cuts deeply into the West Bank, the Wall forms the borders of what some call ‘reservations’ or ‘bantustans’—evoking images of South Africa under apartheid—isolated islands of land on roughly 40 to 50 percent of the West Bank where Palestinians are confined,..

Apart from thousands of deaths , fact that the 1.5 million Palestinians in Gaza—the majority of whom are refugees—live in what is essentially the world’s largest open-air prison. No reference to the denial of access to needed services and economic opportunity with over 70 percent living in poverty, dependent on food aid..
All of the UNO resolution to leave illegally occupied Palestine territory by Israel has gone in vain by veto power of USA …
Most of the western media especially Fox news is under Jewish control .They know how to manipulate the situation into their favor. Their propaganda has succeeded to demonize Qur’an, Prophet Muhammad (saws) and Islam until now.
But some how these propaganda against Islam has influenced many to read Qur’an and helped them to accept Islam.
Q

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum sister Anne,
You said: Nine years ago today, three thousand innocent people were brutally murdered by men who I am ashamed to call my brothers in faith. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun to all those who died and suffered, and may ALLAH continue to comfort and guide all the "left-behind" victims who lost family and friends.

Did you know? Not a single person from Afghanistan involved in 9/11 attack. Not a single person from Iraq involved in 9/11 attack.
Even though they attacked these countries giving difference reasons
1) To capture Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan
2) To find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq

Did they find any of them?.. Till today, NO…

There are thousands of WTC type multi story buildings destroyed in these countries. Also homes, cities and the whole country as well. These two countries has become like graveyard of the world right now.

Do you know why they did this?....because in the bible, their God has promised the land to them which they forcefully robed from Palestinian people.

I am against burning any holy books, but if burning is necessary, which holy book to burn?...Bible or Qur’an?

Watch out the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbpne6AsdL0

jazain said...

....was getting ready to leave a comment but it seems ANON strikes again, hijacking this lovely sentiment.

its amazing how the people are not brave enough to publish under their names.

anyway, may Allah listen to our dua and soften the hearts of all those around us.

Anonymous said...

@jana z,
what do you mean by hijacking this lovely sentiment?

Banana Anne said...

@ Anon: I am aware that Afghanistan and Iraq were not responsible for 9/11. I am aware of the immense suffering of the Palestinian people at both the hands of many world governments (including the governments of other Arab countries). However, this post was not about anything that you wrote about. It is about remembering the attacks of September 11, 2001. I offered a du'a specifically related to that, as well as a du'a for salaam in the world and the softening of all our hearts. Please take it for what it's worth.

I'm getting pretty close to disabling the "Anonymous" option, because people that have been using it on this blog tend to be off-topic and confrontational. Naseeha is welcomed, but it must be done in the proper way, which includes doing it in private and not on other bloggers' walls.

Aspiring Mu'minah said...

I hope you do disable anonymous. There is really no reason for responses like this other than to hijack people's blogs.

May Allah help us all.

SS said...

Assalamu alaikum Sister Anne, I am also with you praying for the dead Americans.

You and your blog followers may think this comment is irrelevant to this post.

9/11 was reaction to Palestinian sufferings.

Did you ever post even one memoriam in favor of suffering Palestinians?.., death of children?, death of innocent women?. Destruction of their land?...

American blood is more valuable than Palestinian blood?

SS said...

Ameen sister.my dua for 9/11 innocent victims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGTJq8LnIQg


http://www.youtube.com/user/representativepress#p/u/24/44wK72Snm6Y

Unknown said...

While the author should have been responsible enough to know that the causes of 9/11 are heavily-contested and shouldn't have rushed to implying a definitive answer (especially when the answer in question is losing more credibility, year after year, even among many non-Muslims) the majority of the post was something I would think everyone could relate to in some form.

I also don't think it's fair to automatically assume that writing about 9/11 in the way the author did doesn't mean that he/she is indifferent to the suffering of anyone else.

Unknown said...

The last part of my post isn't written properly so I suppose I should rewrite it -


"I also don't think it's fair for anyone to immediately assume someone who is writing about the events of 9/11 is indifferent to the suffering of other people in different parts of the world."

Dee said...

Assuming that the ANON poster above is non-American, i can understand where he/she is coming from.
As non-Americans we are flabbergasted at how much 9/11 is brought up. It is like Americans are reminded every single minute of the day of their fallen few. Surely it's mentioned so frequently only for war propaganda use?
This event occured no less than 9 years ago and innocent Muslims the world over are still paying for it. This is what we should really be angry about today.
I have to say though that i'm not insensitive and i acknowledge the emotional impact it must of had on you as a child.

Anonymous said...

You too, post something new. You're playing dead ... I don't like it :'(

Anonymous said...

Well, I agree with ANON, as of this day , there are no proofs that Muslims did it. And the whole thing seems too sketchy, and I understand Anon's sentiment. May Allah bless the victims and their families.

My Blog List