Friday, November 20, 2009

Y'all's Eid Plans?

Salaam alaikum ladies (and gents)!

Insha'Allah you're all doing well. It's finally Friday, Alhamdulillah, and only one week until Eid!!

Now the question that has been asked a bazillion times before: "What are you doing for Eid?"

Unfortunately, I will not be able to celebrate Eid this year. It is during my Thanksgiving break, meaning I will be at home. Because my parents do not know that I am Muslim, and I cannot let them know right now, I can't go to the masjid for Eid prayers or do anything festive. It's frustrating/disappointing to think about, since I would more than anything like to be at school with my pals celebrating, while instead I am in a position where I can't even acknowledge it. Alhamdulillah, I will get to spend time with my two best friends that I haven't seen in months, so that will be my celebration. I'll make them go out to dinner with me or something.

What about you guys? Have you gotten new clothes? Are you preparing awesome food/going to other people's houses for awesome food and companionship? Will you take advantage of the Black Friday sales to go shopping after prayers? (sounds like my kind of holiday, food and shopping!)

A big thank you to all my followers for reading my posts! It really means a lot to me. :)

Until next time, salaam alaikum, and remember to take advantage of these first ten days of Dhu al-Hijjah!

1 comment:

Maddie said...

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, but there is a slight chance I can sneak away during Black Friday shopping to go to Eid prayer. . . I'm praying hard for it, inshaAllah!

My Blog List