Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Light-hearted Survey

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu everyone!

Sorry for the lack of "serious" posts; I'm kind of in a writer's block right now. I return to my college tomorrow Insha'Allah, and I am beyond excited, because it means that I get to spend the rest of Ramadhan and Eid near my masjid, with my Muslim community, and without having to keep my fasting on the down low. Alhamdulillah, my fasting has been going very well; besides the days off I had for my period, I've been able to keep every fast without my parents noticing. Unfortunately, I am extremely behind on my Qur'an reading, so Insha'Allah I hope to catch up on it when I return to school before classes start.

Anyways, here's a survey I took from Majda at her Majda Majnona blog.


A
– Available: Nope, I'm not planning on looking for someone until I'm out of school.
– Age: 21
– Animals: Love 'em.

B
– Beer: I don't drink, but I have tasted it before and it's horrible.
– Best friends: Tiffanie, Laila, and Rachel
– Body Part on opposite sex: Eyes
– Best feeling in the world: Religious epiphanies
– Best weather: A nice autumn day, sunny with a nip in the air
– Been in Love: No
– Been on stage: I was in elementary school productions and Christmas plays at my old church...hilarity ensued.
– Believe in Magic: Yes, but it must be avoided
– Believe in Santa: No, but I used to
– Brand: Shukr, Eddie Bauer, L.L. Bean, Land's End, Old Navy
C
– Candy: Swedish Fish, Sour Patch Kids and Raisinettes
– Color: Kelly green
– Chocolate/Vanilla: Chocolate
- Chinese/Indian/Italian: Indian
- Cake or pie: Pie
– Cheese: Anything melty

D
– Day or Night: Day
– Dancing in the rain: I hate getting wet. :P

E
– Eyes: I don't really have a preference
– Ever failed a class?: No, but I withdrew from a class at the last minute because I knew I was probably going to fail it (Chinese 302, worst class ever)
– Enemies: I have none
– Exercise: I am terrible at every sport, so if I have to exercise I either walk or use a treadmill or ellipticals.

F
– First thoughts waking up: Any new Facebook messages? Pathetic. :(
– Food: My favorite carnal pleasure.

G
– Greatest Fear: Losing my faith in ALLAH and not being Muslim anymore.
– Get along with your parents: On certain things, but definitely not on others.

H
– Hair Color: Light brown
– Happy: For the most part
– Holiday: I most want to go to (in this order) Iran, Malaysia, India, Israel/Palestine, Great Britain, Pakistan, and France.

I
– Ice Cream: Anything with peanut butter in it.

J
– Jewelry: I hardly ever wear it, although I do have a few nice pieces for special occasions.
– Job: I have an office job and babysitting at college.

K
– Kids: Someday, Insha'Allah.
– Kickboxing or karate: Karate, I suppose.
– Keep a journal?: No, I would never update it (like I rarely update this blog)

L
– Love: Comes in different types; love for ALLAH, love for the Prophets, love for family, love for a spouse, love for friends, love for animals, love for things, etc.
– Laughed so hard you cried: Oh yes, plenty of times.

M
- Milk flavor: I hate milk.
– Movies: I like stupid, crude comedies like Superbad, Knocked Up, Dumb and Dumber, and the like
– Motion sickness: Only occasionally

N
– Number: 5

O
– One wish: That I remain a good, believing, practicing Muslim for my whole life

P
– Perfect Pizza: Extra cheese and lots of black olives, maybe throw some halal pepperoni on there too
– Pepsi/Coke: Pepsi
– Perfume/Cologne: Perfume

Q
– Quail: I like the one little feather they have on top of their head

R
– Reason to cry: Death
– Reality T.V: Top Chef!
– Radio Station: I like NPR

S
– Song: I don't have a favorite, but I love pretty much anything by James Taylor
– Shoe size: 8.5
– Salad Dressing: olive oil and vinegar
– Skinny dip: I did it once before in a private pool
– Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries
– Sport: None, I never liked sports
- Sex: Someday Insha'Allah

T
– Tattoos?: Really depends on the quality of them; one of my favorite sites is ugliesttattoos.com
– Thunderstorms: No way, I get way too startled by thunder

U
– Unpredictable: I don't think so

V
– Vacation spot(s): Big cities are my favorite

W
– Weakness: I'm pretty messy.
– Who makes you laugh the most: Tiffanie can always make me laugh
– Worst Weather?: Humid and cloudy

X
– X-Rays: I've gotten teeth x-rays

Y
-Year it is now: 2011
-Yellow: Pretty!

Z
–Zoo animal: Elephants and gorillas

4 comments:

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis, i love your reason for picking the quail. Who doesn't love a fanciful little feather? ;-)

Hope to hear a little more from you in the future as your studies permit. Glad to hear fasting is going so well and also that you can complete this Ramadhan in more comfortable circumstances. :-)

Ma salaama...

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Interesting answers.You seems very kind and sweet person. Definitely following you.


Follow me back.

truth said...

assalamu alaikum sister.
Ramadan kareem.
the following is irrelevant to this post,but quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmC0VqegJuI&feature=related

jazakallah khair.
ma'ssalama

Zufash said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! Nothing wrong with being non-serious every now and then :)

My Blog List