Earlier today there was a series of terrorist attacks in Kampala, Uganda, where bombs went off in crowds of people watching the last World Cup game. 64 people were killed and over 100 injured. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun. It is suspected that these bombings were carried out by al-Shabaab, a Somali militant group. One of al-Shabaab's leaders didn't outright admit to the attacks, but he said "Uganda is one of our enemies. Whatever makes them cry, makes us happy. May Allah’s anger be upon those who are against us." Al-Shabaab claims to be an Islamic group dedicated to creating an Islamic state and establishing shari'a.
This is a terrible tragedy, violence committed against innocent people simply watching a soccer game. And this quote is so disgusting and so freaking unIslamic I don't even know what to think. May ALLAH bless, comfort, and guide the family members of the casualties, and may ALLAH soften the hearts of people like this man and let them practice the true Islam that would never condone such cruel behavior and outrageous comments, Ameen.
Let there be eternal salaam on Earth one day, Insha'Allah, Ameen!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
-
Creating Advanced tip with Swagbucks9 years ago
-
-
Pembuatan SKA10 years ago
-
Affordable Dining Room Furniture10 years ago
-
-
-
Butterfly (2015)11 years ago
-
-
Ginger Wedang (Sarebba)11 years ago
-
Advice11 years ago
-
-
Are you still following me?12 years ago
-
Confession12 years ago
-
-
Weight Loss Roadblocks12 years ago
-
-
I think I'll just move it13 years ago
-
Elegant hijab look13 years ago
-
Nostalgia13 years ago
-
A Mercy to Mankind13 years ago
-
-
saveoursunnah is under maintenance14 years ago
-
chickenxlicken is under maintenance14 years ago
-
Education for New Mothers14 years ago
-
-
-
I was bored...15 years ago
-
New Blog15 years ago
-
Ramblings15 years ago
-
Sorry I have not posted in a long time15 years ago
-
Reality Check15 years ago
-
How are things?16 years ago
-
Goodbye.16 years ago
-
My New Blog16 years ago
-
go on hiatus16 years ago
-
Closing Time16 years ago
-
Survey I Stumbled Upon (:16 years ago
-
So...16 years ago
-
I'm a Copy Cat16 years ago
-
The Velvet Promise16 years ago
-
imaginary clothes17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

6 comments:
I think I physically flinched when I got to the last portion of his quote. I can truly understand why many people have a dislike for Islam. For many of them, this is the only Islam they ever see portrayed.
Alhumdullilah, I was able to sort through and find the true, peaceful, Islam.
Ameen.
can everyone please make dua that my best friend is safe. he is currently in uganda and i still havent heard if he is ok.
Thanks
@ Nikki: Wasn't that quote just awful? It's people like them that give the entire ummah a bad reputation.
@Abez: Yes, Ameen!
@ Elizabeth: Ya ALLAH, that must be so scary. I will make du'a for him Insha'Allah.
@ DD: I do not like al-Shabaab one bit. They took an honorable goal, trying to establish Islamic law, and bastardized it. I for one would be terrified to live in a country that they ruled, and shari'a is NOT about living in fear or unhappiness.
Ameen.
How terrible to hear that this has happened.
Hey deary. I am a female MBA from Karachi, Pakistan. I write on issues related to society, religion as well as some funny stuff. I need more enlightenment from people like you. Love ur blog outlook and ur cute thoughts.. Best of Luck for ur blogging. I hope u can be a follower- if u like my blog?? And don’t forget to comment please !!
http://relationships-catgirl.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment